Round 7 of EOI submissions opening soon.
October 1, 2023 - November 15, 2023
The Australian Space Data Analysis Facility (ASDAF) was established with the support of the Federal and WA State governments. Its purpose is to assist Australian small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and researchers in enhancing their ability to analyse space data, particularly earth observation data, to stimulate innovation, and accelerate the commercialisation of new products and services.
To achieve these goals, ASDAF will work with and provide SMEs and researchers with:
- Access to, or assistance in accessing, analysis ready data, both open and commercial, as well as the relevant processing tools.
- Personalised training programs, both face-to-face and online, which are designed to empower customers in and enhance their proficiency of space data analysis.
- Specialised data analysis with dedicated technical staff with expertise and experience in all areas of space data analysis.
- Opportunities to transfer knowledge and collaborate through events, seminars and workshops.
- be an established SME with a registered ABN
- be looking to validate, test, and prototype new-to-market services or products that require space data, via either the use of specialised data analytics or tools
- have products at technical readiness level 3 or above as defined by Australian Defence Technology & Science.
The allocation of ASDAF resources will be based on:
- projected economic benefits and the creation of jobs
- the business’s capacity for growth
- academic and/or social impact
- overall value to Australia
- ease of facilitating request
The priority will be given to WA-based organisations and researchers in accordance with the funding allocation awarded by the Western Australian government.
The application process will involve the following 3 stages:
- Interested applicants will submit an expression of interest (EoI). We strongly encourage all researchers and SMEs who think they could benefit from space data analysis to apply.
- If the EoI is accepted, an ASDAF staff member will be in contact to organise an initial discussion with the ASDAF technical team.
- Applicants will be invited to make a formal support application within 4 weeks of the initial deadline.
Please note that the final evaluation will be performed by the ASDAF selection board.