- This event has passed.
Introduction to Python and Earth Observation Data Using Google Earth Engine
August 31, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - September 3, 2021 @ 9:30 pm
Join us for an IN-PERSON four-day bootcamp where you will learn the tools and techniques for analysing and using earth observation data. In particular, this bootcamp will provide an introduction to the Python programming language, the Pandas library, and the Plotly visualisation tool. It will also provide you with a foundational understanding of Google Earth Engine, its capabilities, and how Earth Engine can be used to deliver insights and outputs. After completing this bootcamp, attendees will have a solid understanding of Python and Earth Engine, as well as the skills to use these tools effectively to perform computations on earth observation data.
The sessions start at 5:30 PM and ends at 9:30 PM every night during this bootcamp.
- Introduction to Google Colab and Python (variables, conditional, loops, functions, dictionaries)
- Introduction to scientific Python: Pandas and plotly.
- Google Earth Engine overview (code editor, scripting overview, assets overview, tasks overview)
- Earth observation data analysis using Earth Engine (images and image collections, features and feature collections, filtering, reducers, raster algebra, iterating, visualisation, geospatial algorithms)
Before the bootcamp…
To attend this bootcamp, you will need:
- ·A computer with a relatively recent internet browser installed;
- ·To have register to use Earth Engine at least three days before the bootcamp – signup.earthengine.google.com
NOTE: This bootcamp does not have an online component, in-person attendance is mandatory
Please be aware that people who register for ASDAF events and then do not attend (without cancellation or notification) will not be able to attend future ASDAF events.